We woke up to beautiful blue skies and had breakfast coupons as part of our hotel package so we got dressed and went to the same dining room where we had dinner the night before. We got a great table with a wonderful view of the falls while we ate. After breakfast we walked down to Margaritaville and realize when we went to cross the street that we could see the falls so we head down the hill. It was a hike but this was our first view of the falls from street level instead of out the hotel window. It was really amazing. It is very hot now and the hike back up that hill was not as easy and coming down. We were both dripping by the time we got back to Margaritaville and so thirsty. Bucky the mascot was in the store and had Debbie dancing with him. It was fun then we walked across the street to another souvenir rip off place where we bought some water then back to the hotel. Our tour was to start at 2:45 PM
Our guide’s name was “Fabio” and was from Rome, Italy..really. There were two other couples one from Charlotte and the other from Texas that he picked up from different hotels. We had a good time with them. He told us about all the people who went over the falls in various ways. Duh, a barrel, really? Our first stop was the behind the falls tour. Really you go through some tunnels and can’t really see much since the water comes down so hard. When you come out though you are at the fence where the water begins to go over the drop and it is mesmerizing. We were drenched after the behind the falls thing but when we walked out the door it was pouring. I told Debbie it was raining and she said look up…I said it’s raining and she said there are no clouds…dammit Debbie! The mist from the falls there is so strong that is comes down like rain! Next stop was the whirlpool area where they have a cable car that goes across the whirlpool, then the botanical gardens which really was beautiful and finally the Maid of the Mist where the boat takes you to the falls and you get drenched. We were so exhausted when they dropped us off at the hotel, we walked across the street to Outback Steaks and ordered food and took it back to the room. After a dinner and a shower we had wine and watched the fireworks out the hotel window. I tried to upload the photos and blog then but we started have connectivity issues last night and couldn’t get on this morning at all. I wanted to tell you about last night in the casino as there was a funny episode we forgot. The place was huge and we kept getting turned around and couldn’t figure out where the exit to the mall was. There were two ladies that worked there that asked if they could help and I looked at her and said I’m trying to get out of here and she said “we are too”..well Debbie and I laughed all the way home about that. Everyone we have met from the hotel to the casino has been over the top nice and accommodating.
It was a fun day and the falls are beautiful and very worthwhile seeing…we are off to our next destination!
Great comments and pictures again. I have no info on Montezuma's revenge as I avoid Mexico. Can't imagine what that would be doing in New York. I did a 90 some mile Poker run on my Spyder today which was fun but tiring. Now I have sunburned arms. Have fun in New England.
ReplyDeleteNice photos! It's nice that the casino folks are all pleasant. They always seem to take my money with a smile.
ReplyDelete