Thelma and Louise Updated
Debbie first suggested that we drive to San Francisco...really she did. That was before I tried to explain how much I hate being in a car. I will whine and whine and be a regular pain in the @%#. With both of us born under the sign of Taurus we are both very stubborn and therefore the trip is still on as she refused to take "no" for an answer. We have however revised the itinerary to include Niagara Falls and Maine. I have already started whining about this drive and I will stay connected to the Delta Airlines website just in case. Stay tuned for our adventures as I'm sure you will get a chuckle or two.
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Like Butter on a Biscuit, We're on a Roll!
Actually, that's a lobster roll. We got up and decided we were going to go find the lighthouse before leaving Portland and it was so worth it. Just the most beautiful place and looks like a magazine setting. We had a map but were still challenged but saw lots of beautiful scenery on the way. Then we headed north to the Village of Wiscasset to a place we saw on the Food Network called Red's Eat's which was supposed to have the best lobster rolls...we have only had one before this one but this was to die for. The whole one in the first picture was from the night before when it poured rain and we got take out and ate it on the floor in the hotel. The other picutres are from Red's which was about an hour north of Portland. We waited in line about 45 minutes for this treat and the line was the same length when we left as it was when we got there!
We then headed south again and stopped in Freeport at the LL Bean store. By now it's after 3 PM and we are still in Maine. We stopped in New Hampshire again and buy more of the wine we had bought on the way up to Maine. We went through Massachusetts and stopped finally near Foxwoods in CT. We checked into a Marriott here changed clothes and headed to the Mohegan Sun Casino. We donated some cash at this huge place then came back and went to bed sometime after midnight last night. We are going to check out Foxwoods this morning on our way out to say we have been there and then head to PA and then to New Jersey to see my Mom and sister. I'll keep taking photos but I don't know when we will be able to post again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well you will be coming to NJ and hitting the best weather we have had all summer(high in the low 80s and sunny).great pictures again. That lobster roll looked great.
ReplyDeleteDrive safely!!
Amazing photos - do you share all you take or just pick out the best ones? I think they are all wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI'll have to go back and take another look at that lobster roll - I don't really know what they are!?
Looks like your weather has been great - did you feel the earthquake?