Thelma and Louise Updated

Debbie first suggested that we drive to San Francisco...really she did. That was before I tried to explain how much I hate being in a car. I will whine and whine and be a regular pain in the @%#. With both of us born under the sign of Taurus we are both very stubborn and therefore the trip is still on as she refused to take "no" for an answer. We have however revised the itinerary to include Niagara Falls and Maine. I have already started whining about this drive and I will stay connected to the Delta Airlines website just in case. Stay tuned for our adventures as I'm sure you will get a chuckle or two.







Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I Feel The Earth Shake Under My Feet

The question everyone is asking is did we feel the earthquake yesterday and where were we when it happened.  We did not know it happened until my sister called and told me.  We were crossing the Tappan Zee bridge over the Hudson River at the exact moment....guess we are glad now that it wasn't worse or we would have been swimming in the Hudson River! 





Debbie wanted to go to Foxwoods and we did.  It was another beautiful day in New England with beautiful puffy clouds and blue skies.  We took some photos at Foxwoods and then drove to Rhode Island so we didn't miss any states up here and could say we have been to them all then started south.  It was noon before we got started and arrived at my sister's house in Sea Isle/Cape May Courthouse NJ at 5:30 PM.  Yes, Dave, the weather is perfect!  We are staying at my sister's beach condo so we got Debbie her first Philly Cheesesteak made by an official Philly Deli person here at the beach but it wasn't from Wawa Dave.  Officially another bucket list item crossed off the list.






Today Debbie wants to see Atlantic City so we will do that first, then have lunch with my Mom and sister then dinner with Pat and Glenn then the boardwalk in Ocean City as another bucket list item for Debbie.  Tomorrow we will start our drive back to Atlanta.




Carol, thanks for the compliments about the pictures.  I have taken hundreds and I couldn't upload all of them so I have been just picking out some to highlight what we have seen but there are so many more.  The lobster roll is something I didn't know about either but the first one we had was chunks of lobster in mayo on a hot dog bun but the one at Red's was whole pieces of lobster on a toasted roll and they gave you the mayo or butter on the side...YUMMY!

These photos are not in the right order but I don't have time to fix them....gotta run.

1 comment:

  1. Wow lucky that bridge wasn't swaying while you were on it during the earthquake. That would have been interesting. Have fun in Ocean City. If you are traveling down Rte 40 on your way home give me a call tomorrow and Sue and I could meet you for coffee at the WAWA outside of Woodstown. You know you have to show Debbie WAWA .
    Eat some pizza at Mac and Manco's on OC boardwalk
    My cell is 6096809006
    Dave

    ReplyDelete