We got on the road about 10:30 AM by the time we had breakfast, packed up and got the car brought from valet. We stopped at the Duty Free store to see if there was anything we wanted and bought some ice wine…Lady Kay will know what that is. You buy what you want and then pick it up at the window in your car and the exit takes you to the Rainbow Bridge back to the US…very clever. Anyway, now problems at the border and it was pretty quick and by 11 AM we were back on the road heading to Vermont. Basically we spent the whole day driving across the state of New York…from Buffalo to Albany. We passed only a few interesting spots along the way which was Montezuma’s Refuge which I missed getting a picture of the sign but we laughed about that until we almost had issues and I thought maybe Dave knows about it since he knows about many things like Hungry Mother’s State Park. Debbie is getting tired of hearing me sing 15 miles on the Erie Canal but we keep seeing reminders. I should have been singing New York, New York but I know the other one drives her crazy. When we got off the expressway at Albany and started heading towards Vermont via state roads there was much more to look at. Did you know that “Uncle Sam” was from Troy, NY? Good trivia info here. The scenery was beautiful and coming into our stop for tonight, Brattleboro, VT, we found our first covered bridge. Tomorrow we will head to Maine and spend the night in Portland. Enjoy the photos
Thelma and Louise Updated
Debbie first suggested that we drive to San Francisco...really she did. That was before I tried to explain how much I hate being in a car. I will whine and whine and be a regular pain in the @%#. With both of us born under the sign of Taurus we are both very stubborn and therefore the trip is still on as she refused to take "no" for an answer. We have however revised the itinerary to include Niagara Falls and Maine. I have already started whining about this drive and I will stay connected to the Delta Airlines website just in case. Stay tuned for our adventures as I'm sure you will get a chuckle or two.
Those photos make me want to take a road trip over there! I have never really visited the north east - just spent one or two nights there for work or boarting a cruise - have never done any sight-seeing! Looks pretty.
ReplyDeleteGuess the border patrol didn't get my email about possible bootlegging going on - I didn't have your license plate so who knows WHO they are going to harrass instead of you two!