Thelma and Louise Updated
Debbie first suggested that we drive to San Francisco...really she did. That was before I tried to explain how much I hate being in a car. I will whine and whine and be a regular pain in the @%#. With both of us born under the sign of Taurus we are both very stubborn and therefore the trip is still on as she refused to take "no" for an answer. We have however revised the itinerary to include Niagara Falls and Maine. I have already started whining about this drive and I will stay connected to the Delta Airlines website just in case. Stay tuned for our adventures as I'm sure you will get a chuckle or two.
Saturday, August 27, 2011
By the Sea, By the Sea, By the Beautiful Sea
Another beautiful day...the lull before the storm. The earthquake was only a day ago and already it is in the past as the northeast prepares for hurricane Irene. Debbie has never been to this area before so we took Ocean Drive and drove to Atlantic City and back before going to join my mom and sister in Stone Harbor for lunch. We ate at a place called Green Cuisine. It was really tasty then we went to my favorite place...Island Art. After a dilemma as to whether I should buy a picture or not, Debbie bought a mantle clock and we left to head back to the condo to meet Pat. We went for a walk around Sea Isle City and stopped at a beach bar to have a cocktail. The entire roof was covered in T shirts as seen in one of the photos below. We stopped to buy salt water taffy and then headed back to get ready for dinner. Glenn met us and we drove to Somer's Point for dinner at the Crab Trap. We were going to do the boardwalk in Ocean City but I was not feeling well after dinner so we headed back and we turned in early. It was a fun day at the Jersey Shore...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have some of that Mikes Black Cherry Lemonade in my refridgerator right now! Do you two want to turn west and drive for another week to get here?
ReplyDelete