Thelma and Louise Updated

Debbie first suggested that we drive to San Francisco...really she did. That was before I tried to explain how much I hate being in a car. I will whine and whine and be a regular pain in the @%#. With both of us born under the sign of Taurus we are both very stubborn and therefore the trip is still on as she refused to take "no" for an answer. We have however revised the itinerary to include Niagara Falls and Maine. I have already started whining about this drive and I will stay connected to the Delta Airlines website just in case. Stay tuned for our adventures as I'm sure you will get a chuckle or two.







Saturday, August 27, 2011

4 States to Go...

It is time to head home so we can make it to see Chris's first football game and Paige is cheering on Saturday morning so we need to hit the road.  The sun is out when we get up and get the car packed.  We hated leaving since we enjoyed staying at the beach condo.  It is so cute and there were still things we wanted to do but were out of time.  We were on a quest to get to Woodstown, NJ  which is a quaint little town to meet my friend Dave and then onto see my new grand nephew in Elkton, MD.  Dave met us at the Wawa so that Debbie could experience Philly at it's finest and we made her have a Tastykake.  He rode his Spyder and brought his iPhone so we would be envious but then Debbie has an iPhone so that didn't do it.  It was great to see Dave but then it poured rain on his newly cleaned and shiny Spyder and I thought we would need to drive Dave home and have his wife Sue bring him back to get his bike later but then it let up and Dave took advantage and headed home..it was great to see you Dave!  We headed towared Elkton and it was raining pretty hard as we crossed the Delaware Memorial Bridge and Debbie tried to kill me..yep she was driving and trying to take photos of the bridge at the same time while in blinding rain.  I being her BFF screamed obscenities at her...dammit Debbie!  We made it to my nephew Steve's and enjoyed a couple hours with Steve, Amanda, Jax and "Ace" whose real name is Chase then hit the road again.  We tried everything to avoid going through the Baltimore Harbor Tunnel since neither of us like tunnels..even boarding the RCL Enchantment of the Seas which was docked right by the expressway in Baltimore.  We sucked it up and made it through the tunnel and were proud until the traffic came to a halt in Washington and we went a total of 20 miles in two hours.  The weather went from bad to worse and it was horrible with debris all over the road and the lightening was spectacular.  Our original idea was to get to the earthquake epicenter in Richmond but the traffic was horrible and it got dark early because of the storms and there was wide spread power outages you could see from the road so we had to get to the south side of Richmond before we could find a hotel with power that had a vacancy.  They were full of people evacuating from the Outer Banks, Red Cross Disaster Relief Services and the National Guard.  We were so exhausted and I felt bad for Debbie since it was such a bad drive.  We went looking for Wawa because Debbie wanted a hoagie Dave and the girl at the desk said they were everywhere but they were not in any direction we went and we tried them all so we settled for Wendy's and crashed!













The above billboard is my niece's salon











2 comments:

  1. Great seeing you girls the other day. Sue and I just looked at your latest update and pictures and she just asked me "Why didn't you take any pictures of them?
    Duh, so I'm a big dummy. So you two need to turn around and come back so I can rectify the situation. Loved the pictures of Woodstown and the wonderful looking Spyder. I'm sure your blog readers will vote that as the best picture on your blog. (Since I'm the main reader/commenter I'm pretty sure I'm correct. I also liked seeing that Mormon tabernacle picture. I saw that place too many times back in the 80s when I used to do Purchasing Reviews for DoD on the beltway bandits not far from there.
    Hope the rest of your journey goes well.
    Be safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when I type out a long comment and then it disappears on me because I'm not logged into Wordpress. grrrrrr....
    Anyhoooo - I just wanted to say I've been here reading every day, just not commenting (see above whine). Your photos, while still lovely, are definitely darker and cloudier! Only you 2 would head out on a road trip and encounter an earthquake and hurricane in the same week! At least it's an adventure!

    ReplyDelete