We actually didn't get on the road until 10 Am this morning and checked into the Marriott Falls View at 5:15 so it was a short day of driving. I am relieved that we are here and our room is awesome and has a great view of the falls. Debbie is relieved because she was tired of hearing me sing "15 Miles on the Erie Canal" every time I saw the road sign and then when we passed Erie, I sang "Home on the Range" since it was the only song I could think of with a buffalo in it. It was a pleasant drive and a beautiful sunny day and our only issue was at the border. Debbie brought fruit for us to snack on and we had to give it away. The officer that checked our entry documents was stern and curt and unfriendly was an understatement. We did make it through but were scared to say a word for fear we would be jailed. Our hotel porter said they are tough here and that he has been stopped and targeted at the border before. He said they can make life difficult for anyone they decide not to take a liking to. I took a picture of the I90 sign above because when Debbie and I saw it we looked at each other and wondered what it meant. I can't believe that I have been gone from the north for so long that I need an interpreter to read the road signs. Very strange.
| Check out the rainbow forming! |
All the falls picture are taken from our hotel room. We had dinner here tonight then took the shuttle to the new "Falls View Casino" (imagine that). It was huge but we lost money just doing the exchange so we had lost before we started...never a good thing. We played for a little while and then got the shuttle back. Since our hotel was at the end of the route we got a good look at everything tourist...OMG there is everything here...Hard Rock, Planet Hollywood, Margaritaville...it is like being on the boardwalk in Wildwood with all the lights and activity and shops and arcades. We bought the tour package for tomorrow so we will be doing the Maid of the Mist, behind the falls, the tower and more.
Dave, I can't believe that you actually knew about that state park. Debbie and I were quite amused at the title.
I have a new nephew born today. He is Chase Thomas Brownhill and was overcooked by 2 weeks his dad says so he weighed in at 9 lbs 2 oz. His mom is quite a tiny lady so he is a big boy. Congrats to Steve, Amanda and big sister Jax!
Good pictures of the Falls. Will you be taking the Maid of the Mists boat?
ReplyDelete